Thursday 28 October 2021

The happiest moments of my life.

The world isn't a good place right now. It almost seems like there are too many horrible people. The earth is in a terrible state. Maybe with age, you notice these things more. It's not like when you're a kid and things like this almost don't affect you. When Father Christmas exists. When scary things happen at Halloween. When the harshness of life hasn't hit you yet. 

I can't remember who it was and I can't remember exactly when or even what the whole conversation was but it was some sort of discussion about moments in life that can change you. I didn't want to be negative, so I thought about what the happiest moments in my life have been. Here they are:-

*When I was about six years old. I think. Around that age. My dad took me to Toy Master which is a shop that doesn't even exist anymore. He bought me some Lego technic for £14.99. On leaving the shop, it was cold and it was dark. One hand clasping my dad's hand and the other gripping this Lego as tightly as I possibly could. Holding it like it was life itself. I was trembling. I felt like a King. It was absolutely magical. I played with this Lego for years. 

*When my ex girlfriend first told me she loved me. On a mountain (hill) top in Wales with some castle ruins behind us. I don't think they even write books or make movies with how I felt that day.

*The look on my ex girlfriend's face when one year, on her birthday card I simply wrote:-

"Thank You for saving my life."

I had no other words to say. These words said it all. 

*Another ex girlfriend one. Being in Sorrento. What a beautiful place. Sitting out looking at the water and eating an orange. So simple yet so indescribably beautiful. The pinnacle of happiness.  

That is all. I am so lucky to have had these moments happen in my life because thinking about them almost makes me appreciate things. I just hope and wish that I will be able to have moments like these again. 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment